Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tabitha



And baby makes five.  I've been watching our family shift and hearts
expand this week to make room for our newest little.  It's sometimes
bittersweet. To see how Daddy is now bedtime partner for middle, who
used to be youngest.  When he was youngest only Mom would do.  But,
I've seen this transfer before, and it's all good, as we evolve and
change... and bittersweet also is how FAST it goes, when a week see
such change in a life, but a reminder to be aware of that, and to
notice the moments, whether they be bitter, sweet or a bit of both
.

Kelly



Frankie and Cooper harnessed up and braved Wildplay, a ropes and zip line course. They had stuff to work through at various points, which was inspiring to watch. Even better, were the many friends, of many ages, offering support, encouragement and kindness. Very,very cool.


Helen
(photo by Margaretha)
This our boy stretching...
His physical limits,
His social limits.
He rocked it.

And the community quietly supporting him, his sister ... all of us... just amazing.


Rachel
 

Max and Otto have always seen the world as their canvas: they have decorated the walls in the house, they've painted the basement in polka dots, they've covered our car windows in stickers, they have chalked the entire neighborhood. This week marked the first day warm enough to wear t-shirts, which also meant it was time to bring out the sidewalk chalk and get to work. And when they realized our standard poodle Lilli was a beautiful blank canvas, they decided to decorate her too.
Shannon
He asked again and again "when can I get my eyes checked," which is how we knew it was important to him. So we went and it required a new sort of bravery for him. He had to take to strangers, which he usually avoids at all costs and do brand new tasks under someone else's direction. He did it all with a growing sort of courage. And when the moment came that would forever change him he looked to us and said "I was hoping I needed glasses, that's why I brought along my lucky button. It worked!"

1 comment:

  1. Tabitha and family: such a sweet moment to capture. I love to see people basking in new baby glow.

    Helen and Kelly: oh how I would love to be hanging out with you two girls as often as you hang out with each other! What awesome adventures your families had last week!

    And oh my gosh, Shannon, I remember when I first got glasses, how much the world suddenly changed: the trees had LEAVES that you could actually SEE! The cars coming our way had grills and headlights and details I could actually make out. Everything seemed so crisp and clear. How wonderful he knew to ask you to get his eyes checked, and thank goodness for lucky buttons.

    ReplyDelete