Sunday, May 12, 2013

Kelly

 So, Cooper and I are getting ready to watch a movie together this week. Our movie dates always include popcorn, ginger ale and lots of snuggling. This week he needed 2 bowls of popcorn, to himself. He also insisted I pay him a dollar if he ate it all. He got through bowl number one and then writhed around with a tummy ache. I gave him a hot water bottle and $2 for his pain and suffering.
 
 
Helen
 

This Marie Luise Anna (Loening) Vorwerk, known to me as "Ma" or "Mammi"
(And yes, you may tell me which of my children look like her:)) 
 I share her with Christoph, Walter, Paul and Eva.
She died four years ago this May, one month and one week before Ella was born.
She wasn't one for celebrating Mother's Day - too commercial for her liking:)
But today, as with every day in the last 4 years, she's so much in my thoughts.
Her resolute caring for her family keeps paying forward,
 Her legacy of resilience, humour and acts of kindness tangible in my life,
 Her engagement and interest in the world at large translated in those young eyes I see daily.
Her love of words and numbers, the narratives of now.
I hear her 
in the voices of my children.
 
Rachel
 
 I can't believe that we had to wear winter coats and hats for a May picnic at the beach. But that is how this week has been: one day blazing hot and the next like winter. And my mood followed along with it, feeling elation and excitement over all the fun we were having and then suddenly feeling overwhelmed and cranky about all we are trying to do. What helped me to come out of it was how gently and sweetly my boys treated me in the midst of my crankiness. I am so grateful for this truly lucky lovely life we live, and I am so happy to have these sweet souls by my side
 
Shannon 
 
 
 
Being Mother's Day, I can't help but think about the magic of this journey. The title mother, is one I cherish, beyond describing words. A chance to hold hands with your heart on the outside of your body and watch it slowly walk away. To catch tears, mend owies and celebrate joy. I am enterally grateful for these boys, who have opened me to more growth, laughter and love than I ever dared to image existed. 
 
 
Tabitha



We have found a better way to take care of the furry members of our
family.  Together, in the sun.  There, our friend, lay in total bliss
while being loved by all three of his boys.  Much better than the
somewhat scary visit to the groomers.  Something to be said for that,
being surrounded by the people you love while doing the things that
scare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment