Sunday, June 30, 2013

Rachel


Things (and hair! and clothes!) are changing fast around here.



Shannon


This boy is growing away in the most secure manner. Enjoying more time on his own. So when he comes, to sit and draw by my side I truly know how precious and fleeting the moments are. He is so perfectly him and I never want to forget this.



Tabitha


It's the little moments, like when your thirteen year old picks you a bouquet, that really matter.  Love, learning, and daisies.



Kelly


 Here's a Taylor Swift fan. She knows the lyrics to her every song and the details of her life. She happily got out of bed at 7:30am to spend seven hours travelling by car, boat, bus and skytrain and another 61/2 hours in the stadium to see her live in concert. She was still happy at midnight as we made our way through downtown streets searching for the skytrain station, our feet like lead and eyes burning with fatigue. And I am now on a high from the adventure, from pushing myself outside my comfort zone and realizing how capable I am and from the unforgettable memory we created.



Helen 


Summer arrived. Whahooooo!
I'm so grateful:
for my body that executes all these hair-brained hot-weather-schemes
for a boy who will sweep sand at 11pm because he thinks it looks like fun
for girls who indulge their mother's predilection for accessories and go out to play with me
for summer festivities
for big boys who are eager to huddle and learn new games around a table  
for tenants who feel like part of the furniture 
for hanging with my main man late at night after his work is done
and seeing the sunrise with my daughter
for being here, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment