Sunday, November 18, 2012


Helen
 


A change in plans meant we threw an impromptu tea party. 
I'd bought a stash of English candy which we hauled out to enjoy with our scones.
Soon enough we were speaking with faux-English accents, drinking tea with our pinkies in the air, 
and practicing writing our names in Japanese.
And playing with the candy.
I sat next to my boy who was so inspired, he called himself a candy artist.
(He hasn't claimed that kind of creativity since he stopped playing with Lego.)
 He mentioned that he was very particular when it came to this activity.
And delivered this design at the behest of his littlest sister. 
"Love is all you need."
 
 
 
 
Tabitha
 


Growing and changing. Shedding baby teeth, and a couple tears...but it's all good.




Kelly
 


Here's my little boy dressed up as his version of a murderer. There might have been a time when I found this slightly appalling. After all, he is six. But this guy loves everything scary. His current passions include playing Left 4 Dead, a zombie shooting game and Penumbra, a terrifying horror video game. He enjoys researching and talking about horror movies. Doesn't know if he wants to watch them yet, but I trust he will know when he is ready and I will be there to watch with him, despite my feelings of discomfort. I am intrigued by this interest of his. And at the end of the day when he is snuggled up to me with his stuffed pug, asking me to sing him "Hush Little Baby", I know everything is just right in his world.

No comments:

Post a Comment