Sunday, October 14, 2012

 Kelly



 Today I immersed myself in her world. We talked about Harry Potter, made plans for her Dad's upcoming birthday, decided who we would dress up as for Halloween and searched the internet for inspiration, watched Halloween Wars on the Food Network. I watched her play Minecraft and marvelled at what she knows. Today I learned new things about the lovely girl growing alongside me and I learned new things about myself and the best version of me I can offer her. Thank you Frankie.



Helen



my plan was to post about my teeny adventure that even involved a wolf-dog dancing across a street.  yet truly, the real encounters with marvel, magic and even mess, all revolved around those day to day happenings that swept me along this week:  a dog game designed and crafted in the late hours of the night, then so carefully housed in an altered box.  a movie that bounded onto the "must have" list.  listening to two boys so engaged with & enthused by a game, negotiating (and negotiating) and planning the purchase a new xbox game.  all the previous practice and guidance served up such joy and more work.  there was happiness over food served, there were hugs in the kitchen, smooches here and there, yoga at midnight, and a healthy dose of more problem solving. did i mention the magic at play? scattered here and there throughout the day, all within easy reach when i turned to *look*




 Shannon




 It rained and it poured
The boys jumped and roared.

Feet left the ground
Laughter the only sound.

And they played till the rain soaked through the clothes





Tabitha
 

This one is experimenting with expressions. His current fav: awesome face from internet memes. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment